The Real RVL Reveal

Welcome to my new weight-loss blog! I have started a new product called RVL (pronounced: Reveal). It has more nutritional value per calorie than ANY other weight-loss product on the market. I am starting this blog, to keep tabs on myself, and to keep anyone interested informed. Keep checking back regularly (FOLLOW ME) for updates. If you are just joining in... scroll down to the bottom to start at the beginning of my journey.

Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Little Worried...

When I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale, I have to admit, I was disappointed.  I had worked really hard to not cheat this week:  Even though I also did the climb up School Rd hill yesterday,  I never had a beer (or four) when I got home!  I bought some sugar-free licorice at the local candy store in lieu of all the amazing choices available there, and have had 1 or 2 ONLY each day.... I have had my favorite carb: POPCORN... twice this week,  but I have been skipping the butter, measuring out 4 cups and putting Epicure White Cheddar and China Lily Soy Sauce on it (Don't laugh!  It's darn GOOD! (It's SUPPOSED to be with melted Cheeze Whiz and China Lily! LOL)) ...and I have been working out like a deever! I have added strength training, and it is going REALLY well.  Nothing crazy, as I mentioned in a previous blog...  just 5 pounds each arm,  1 set, 10 reps of each exercise.  I can feel it.  I can see it.  I AM getting definition.

My weight hadn't changed from last week!  (Or so I thought... I must have written it down wrong on my calendar....  I thought it said 151.2, but it was 151.8  Whew. )    So officially, by the home scale, I lost almost a half a pound.  It was a loss.  I was happy.  Would have liked better....   and then... BAM!  Guess who came to visit again? LOL

Again, the b****h sneaked up on me....  Something that practically NEVER happens.   So now I'm all happy!  Wow!  I lost almost a half a pound AND I have my friend!  Again... NEVER HAPPENS!  I ALWAYS gain weight before and during.  Sometimes up to five pounds.  Wow.  No cramps, no bloating... No cravings (okay, in retrospect, I think there were a few cravings, but I didn't catch the clues... and they obviously weren't so bad that they made me break my eating plan.  Maybe it's because the shakes are chocolate?  I dunno.  

So tonight, off I went to get officially weighed in, happy in the knowledge that whilst it wasn't a big loss... it was in fact a loss.  Until I stood on the official scale, and was down not almost one half pound, but one pound and a half! 

I did the happy dance!

I am now only 6.5 lbs away from my TOPS goal.  While my original time-line goals were not met (I wanted to be 145 on my 45th birthday, which would have made a 15lbs loss in 13 days...) and possibly, a little unrealistic (ya think?) I am extremely pleased with the progress I am making here.  I am steadily losing the weight with little effort on my part.  I love the no-brainer of the shakes for breakfast and lunch.  I am still enjoying a lovely balanced meal with my family at dinner time, and I have added in some quality out-door activities with them as well. 

Two months ago, I would have opted out of the offer to climb School Rd hill as a family... Not even made up a lame excuse.  I would have just laughed at my son for even suggesting it.  Stayed home, on the computer while they all did it.  Not only did I do it (in Skecher Tone-Ups!) without constantly stopping to catch my breath as I have done in the past,  but I practically dragged DS11 up the hill at one point.  He was the one who suggested the walk in the first place! LOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment