The Real RVL Reveal

Welcome to my new weight-loss blog! I have started a new product called RVL (pronounced: Reveal). It has more nutritional value per calorie than ANY other weight-loss product on the market. I am starting this blog, to keep tabs on myself, and to keep anyone interested informed. Keep checking back regularly (FOLLOW ME) for updates. If you are just joining in... scroll down to the bottom to start at the beginning of my journey.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

I'm in the 40's!!

Well, first off I have to apologize for the wonky font on my STATS for today...  I am not sure why it is so small, nor how I can fix it.  Anyone?

Secondly, cover your ears, because I am about to shriek!  I LOST 1.75 lbs!!!! I AM 149.75!!!!!  I'M IN THE FOURTIES!!!   That officially makes me 7.75 lbs away from GOAL! EEEEEEKKKKK!   I am starting to get complements from people (one friend mentioned it to another, and that friend passed it along to me! LOL  I LOVE it when people talk behind your back in a GOOD way!) 

I think a lot of it is how I am starting to feel about myself, again.  I am wearing nicer clothes (and/or better fitting clothes!) and putting on make-up before I go out... just because.  I've been blessed with friends who have nurtured my lame fashion sense over the years into something that actually works for me, that is (relatively) up-to-date.  I KNEW what I was supposed to be wearing when I was fat, but only FIT into the leggings and frumpy frocks.  I extended my fashion to shoes and purses, as they (almost) always fit.  Funny, now I am finding some of those too-tight-but-pretty shoes aren't so tight anymore! (Maybe I should have measured my feet! LOL)

  I've gone through my closet a few times now, and have purged.  I call it the "Try Not To Cry" when I pretty much try on EVERYTHING in my closet.  Why is it named thus?  Because, everything would generally still be too tight, or not fit over my right thigh!  Now?  Try not to SMILE! "This fits!  OH!  I LOVE this!  It fits, too!"  "This is too BIG!"  My 2nd Thrift Store (leaf) bag is almost full and I've already taken two big bags to the consignment store (LOVE my Lou!)  (bye-bye all my 2X, 1X, 16, 14 and some XL!)  In return, I have purchased... Coats.  Sound weird?  I never fit into any nice coats.  A nice pair of jeans (my reward is to find the PERFECT pair, when I get to goal!) a crisp black T-shirt and a rockin' coat can take you places! GAWD, I LOVE FASHION!  GAWD I LOVE being able to WEAR it again! 

Right.... back to my weight-loss.... (sorry, got all tingly there, for a second!)  I am back on track, as stated the other day. And am feeling great!  I am very much in control of my eating as well as my exercise.  I am looking forward to my shakes and bars, and opting out of bad food choices... just because! LOL  Our children are starting to cook one meal each per week...  Last night DS9 made nachos.  Great....  How do you NOT eat what your 9 year old makes you? So we 'quartered' the pan, and I had him put only a few tortilla chips in my section, then helped him chop up the extra veggies for me (no fair making him do special for just me...) and put on the meat, re-fried beans, veggies and a bit of cheese.  My section was WAY higher than the others, even with their extra layers of chips! LOL...  I then chopped up my lettuce and when the nachos were done, I scooped my pile onto my salad.  Salsa on top.  As Sue says: "NOM NOM NOM!"  Yummy!  I couldn't even finish it!  In total, there were only about 5 or 6 tortilla chips. 

I'm planning to up my exercise routine as of tomorrow.  Thus far, I have mainly been focusing on cardio.  As I was working out on the treadmill today, I noticed that that lovely arm flap is still there, even with losing an inch on my arms.  So as of tomorrow, I am going to start weights as well.  No worries, I'm not gonna turn into Mr. Universe or anything... Just tighten up the flab a tad. LOL  Ewwwww.  They say that you SHOULD alternate your work outs.  I have the dumb bells, so time to start pumping some iron!

So, as things progress, I'll keep you posted.  Strong and Steady... Strong and Steady.  Dare I ask to reach goal by Valentine's day?  It'll be our 25th 'meeting' anniversary.   That would be cool.   What to wear to dinner?????

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you!! I know you can do this, Keep up the GREAT work! HUGS XXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete