The Real RVL Reveal

Welcome to my new weight-loss blog! I have started a new product called RVL (pronounced: Reveal). It has more nutritional value per calorie than ANY other weight-loss product on the market. I am starting this blog, to keep tabs on myself, and to keep anyone interested informed. Keep checking back regularly (FOLLOW ME) for updates. If you are just joining in... scroll down to the bottom to start at the beginning of my journey.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

In The Home Stretch: Lining Up For The Finish...

Wow!  When I stepped on the scale this morning, I was only 0.2 lbs down from last week's home scale weighing.  No worries: down is down.  The speed of weight-loss may be slow, but it is steady.  Slow and steady ALWAYS wins the race.  Just ask that tortoise.  On arriving to TOPS tonight, I was delighted to officially weigh-in at 0.75 lbs down from last week. Again... Nothing HUGE... But I am now officially only 4.25 lbs away from GOAL!  I am in the home stretch!  My Goal date (that I set in May 2010) is for March 13th...  Now,  if you recall, I set a much more (unrealistic) goal when I first started the RVL, that I didn't even come close to reaching.  This previously set, more realistic goal is looming, and looks GREAT!  My weight graph (set in May 2010) truly looks hilarious, mind you....  June to August: down, down, down...Mid-August to December: up, up, up.  Then from December to now: down, down, down.   

Now, believe you, me.... I AM excited about this!  I am pleased beyond all measures of how easily and how quickly over-all my weight has left me... But I am also a realist.  As mentioned numerous times before... I have been down this path before.  Never as easily, never as energetic, never as satiated (not hungry?)...  But I have lost weight on MANY, MANY programs before this one.

Nutri-System:  Yup... I lost 30 lbs.  Gained it back with-in a year
Jenny Craig: Yup....  I lost 30 lbs.  Gained it back with-in a year and a half 
Meridia/Weight-Watchers: Over around three years, I  lost (unofficially, as the doctor forgot to weigh me in the 1st MONTH!) over 60 lbs!!!  I gained some, but not all of it back over the last few years.  Joined TOPS to stave the crave... 

SO again... While I have shown this plan to work as a weight-loss plan for me... We'll see how I fair in the maintenance.  I LIKE looking like this!  I LOVE feeling like this!  But I did then, too!  It was when the gaining got out of control, that I lost it.  I KNEW I was starting to gain again... and I would PANIC.  Panic with food!  Or get depressed at the gain and think "why bother?" and sit on my duff.

Like everything... The bottom-line is that it is up to me.  Have I learned enough?  Yes.  I think TOPS has instilled a knowledge base in me about what I can and cannot do.... SHOULD and SHOULD NOT do.  They have given me a strong support system of friends in the same boat as myself...  One can go on-line with the buddy system, but there is NOTHING like facing your peers and admitting that you had that second piece of chocolate dessert... or having them cheer when you have lost weight after a long struggle...

RVL has given me the energy and nutrition I needed to be able to stick with this program easily.  In maintenance, I will keep having the shakes for breakfast (I'm a skipper by trade!) and if I start another spiral upwards, I will add the occasional lunch.  I will NOT obsess over food.  I have found that control with the RVL.  I will still enjoy that chocolate dessert, and that margarita (or two) on a hot day... but I will NOT obsess and spiral upwards.

I am ready for that finish line!

No comments:

Post a Comment